Recently I have been listening to archived radio casts of Deepak Chopra on Oprah’s Soul Series. If you ever get the chance to listen to the series, you should! Last Friday, I was listening to this one about Health. And it went on talking about how this man wanted to be in better health. And Deepak Chopra asked ‘WHY’? And the man replied so he could go back to work. Why? To pay the bills. Why? And the answers went on and on. But what it boiled down to, was to obtain happiness.
Deepak Chopra said, “then why don’t you just work being Happy.” Basically skip the Hoop-lah.
It struck a cord with me. Granted we need to work to pay the bills and put food on the table. But it also showed me that I needed to practice making happiness part of my everyday well-being.
This weekend, I needed to stop to enjoy the moment and what was in front of me. Make it timeless. So I spent time at the pumpkin patch with good friends and conversation. Also, we started building our patio garden – playing in dirt and spending time with each other. Unconcerned with what time it was or what time I had to be there. It was a pleasant time. And I look forward to working on more of this happiness project.
- A Great Decision: 2013 Blend Retreat Announced! – Lindsay’s List < = By Far, my favorite conference. No joke. And that was there 1st year in production.
- Baked Chicken Zucchini Balls – The Iron You
- Losing the Muffin top without Losing your Mind – Fit Mom in Training
- What Is A Low Drop Running Shoe? – Jill Conyers
- 100+ Healthy, Delicious and Easy Lunchbox Snacks – Family Fresh Cooking
“Health is not just the absence of a disease. It’s an inner joyfulness that should be ours all the time; a state of positive well-being.” — Deepak Chopra
What is one thing you do that makes you really happy?