This post is part of a weekly series, Oatmeal Toppings, featuring the best posts of the week in food, cooking, running, and challenges on OatmealinmyBowl.com.
In fact, this is the first of the series. I am sure the topics will grow along the way. Do you see a topic you would like to be featured? Just let me know.
- New York City Marathon Recap Want to feel what its like to experience the New York City Marathon? Tina offers an awesome recap with pictures and all!
- My Next Big Adventure Aron has registered for her first ultra-marathon, and not just any ultra, a 50 mile ultra. See how she is feeling about it.
- 70.3 Miami Race Report This is a great race report written by Meredith. I have never felt so many emotions when reading such a post. Definitely, don’t miss this one!
- 2011 Holiday Gift Guide for Runners The holidays are just around the corner and Monica came to realize that not everyone rushes out on December 24th to buy gifts. So here is a list of items the runner in your life wants. And I agree, massages are on every ladies list.
- Autumn pepita granola Granola is great for topping on yogurt parfaits, snacking, and more. Kiran whips up a wholesome granola with pepitas (pumpkin) seeds and offers the recipe for you to do the same. Love the pictures that go with this post.
- Breakfast Casserole with Sausage and Spinach Rachel realized that her mom is one of the only people who she truly enjoys cooking with. Check out this recipe that was made by mom during Christmas mornings for brunch.
- Pomegranate Cheesecake with Clementine Gelato and its good for you. Yup, I said that ‘good for you’! This creation is from one of my fave chef’s Russell James. And if you know his work, you know its all about raw food. Check out this deliciousness that you can recreate for yourself!
The Great Outdoors
- Fall in Blue Ridge Autumn lends so many beautiful colors to adorn nature. Recently, Kevin and Amanda spent a few days in the beautiful, quiet mountains of Blue Ridge, Georgia. Check out Amanda’s gorgeous photos of their travel.
- Pile on the Miles 2011 This challenge is being ran by Monica over at Run Eat Repeat. It’s about encouraging you to pile on miles instead of pounds in November. While this challenge already started, it might be good to follow for some inspiration to keep weight at bay.
- Winter 100 Challenge Need a longer challenge? The Running Mom challenges you to run 100 miles combined in the months of December, January and February with her. Up for such trek?
- Holiday Bootie Buster Challenge Did you know the average American gains and maintaining 5 pounds of holiday weight (didn’t know, but believe it). Instead of getting the unwanted gift that keeps on giving, try this challenge for a change. The challenge provides added incentive to find time for workouts, find room for veggies and feel good through the holiday season. And is made to fit whatever level you are at!
Photo of the Week
Camera: Cannon Powershot S5 IS
Processing: Microsoft Photo Editor
Jealous of People in your Industry?
I want to introduce Marie Forleo to you. She is a fantastic woman on many different levels. Check out this video (she posts them weekly) about:
“Do you feel jealous of people doing better than you, or even at the same level? If you’re tired of the irritation and cattiness that comes along with your jealousy, watch this video now. You’ll learn why jealousy is a GOOD thing along with three practical steps to take to use it to your advantage.”
Here is the link: http://bit.ly/jXFm5f
Don’t Miss out on Oatmeal Toppings!
Latest posts by Christine McCarthy (see all)
- 5 Ways Not to Get Stressed Out This Holiday - December 3, 2013
- Tosi Superbites : A High Energy Gluten-Free Vegan Snack - December 2, 2013
- 10 Small Acts of Christmas Kindness - December 1, 2013