This post is part of a weekly series, Oatmeal Toppings, featuring a few of the best healthy living posts on OatmealinmyBowl.com.
Body after Baby, Baking, and (peanut) Butter:
- The Cool Kid On the Block – I’m a bit biased here (Tahria is a fellow CT blogger), but her write-up on the best sushi restaurant I have ever been to, Miya’s in New Haven, is very well done and contains some beautiful photographs. If you are ever in the New Haven area this place is a must-try, even for those who don’t like sushi.
- What I Ate (The Day of My Competition) Wednesday! – Kasey is a figure and bikini competitor, and shows everyone in a special WIAW post that girls who compete in fitness competitions do NOT starve themselves! She has to eat clean food and plenty of it to maintain her physique, and gives us a play-by-play of her eats the day OF her bikini competition.
- Sweet Potato PB Ice Cream – Laura shares the same sentiment that I do – sweet potato dishes topped with marshmallows are gross. Her entry into the No More Mallows sweet potato recipe contest is way more appetizing to me!
- Body After Baby: 10 Months – Callie’s transformation is inspiring for mothers-to-be and any other person trying to lose weight! Through clean eats and exercise, she has made an impressive journey in the 10 months since she gave birth.
- Homemade Peeps – Whether you celebrate Easter or not, thanks to Julie you can bypass the lame store-bought version and make your own Peeps!
- A Typical Day – This graphic telling of a typical day in the life of Mai is truly amazing – I want one!
- Vacation Fueled by PB&J Donuts – In celebration of PB&J Day, Heather posted a tasty variation on one of America’s favorite breakfast foods. Combined with America’s favorite sandwich, it’s sure to win anyone’s heart! Even those abroad
- Join Me In Exercising *Less*? – Carla shares her wealth of knowledge about efficient exercise, and I’m sure glad she did. She makes valid points that will help anyone who reads this post plan efficient exercise that will lead to more free time, whether it includes movement (always a good thing) or not!
- What I’ve Learned From Two Years of Doing FitBlog – Katy is the Queen of FitBlog, a seasoned pro. In this post she shares with members of her community and her readers what the experience has taught her in the long-run.
- Embracing the Fug – As a girl in possession of plenty of fugly race photos (even when I’m not a runner, per say), I can definitely appreciate this hilarious post that celebrates and embraces the unflattering photos that are bound to come out of any athletic event! After all, it means you’re working hard, right?
- What Your Oven Isn’t Telling You – Angela is a master baking blogger! Gluten-free, vegan, vegetarian, you name it. She just got a new oven and found out something VERY interesting about it and many others. This discrepancy could be “lurking” in your kitchen!
- Featured Image: Easy Brunch Recipes by Country Living- Maple Crunch Oatmeal (shown)
Mean Girls Rant:
Having trouble viewing? http://youtu.be/CnyVigols0M
The origin of this video comes from a Fitfluential Blogger Support Facebook Group thread (the group is open to any blogger, FYI!) started by Jill Hanner, FitFluential Ambassador and YouTube Queen, regarding gym “mean girls”. Any lady (or guy) who’s spent some quality time at the gym will recognize the various hilarious characters Jill adopts in her thirty-second rant about the biotches of the gym.