This post is part of a weekly series, Oatmeal Toppings, featuring a few of the best healthy living posts on OatmealinmyBowl.com.
From Some Very Accomplished Ladies:
- What NOT To Do When Working With Bloggers – Nancy is one feisty lady! She tells it like it is to brands looking to work with bloggers – something that is becoming more and more common these days. As a blogger myself, I have experienced some of these “dont’s”, and I’m sure many of you have to.
- The Best Things in Life… – Another adorable announcement post. Congrats Michele!
- Passover Prep – I love finding posts that are especially relevant at a certain time of year, like last week’s St. Patty’s-related links. For those following Passover rules this year, and for those that are not as well, Cara’s recipe for Spiced Coconut-Almond Porridge with Chia, Hemp, and Flax Seeds is sure to satisfy. Her discussion of the holiday’s food “restrictions” (not putting a negative connotation on that!) and history are interesting too.
- Make Your Own Wine! – The title of Janine’s post jumped out at me. I’m such a wino. Totally makes me want to go somewhere where I can make my own too!
- A Perfect Snack – Kim’s frozen yogurt blueberries are easy to make and sound so delicious. I can already see myself eating them by the handful…
- Jog With Your Dog! – I’m not a pet person, but know many bloggers are. Talia guest blogs on Tamara’s blog about how her dog has joined her during her training, and tips for those looking to incorporate their pooches into their fitness routines.
- Winning My First 5K – Mary won her first 5K – congrats! Her running outfit is SO cute too.
- Decoding Egg Labels – Nescett teaches us what all that cage free-free range-organic mumbo jumbo actually MEANS.
- Overcoming Obstacles – Stephanie had a health scare and was confronted with negative feelings like anger and resentment as a result. She shares positive thinking mantras and reflections that helped her overcome them, and inspired me to adopt them for myself whenever I feel like complaining! We are also glad she is safe
- Why Not White? – RD-to-be Meg, one of the sweetest people I know, busts the myth that white potatoes are bad, bad, bad. And I’m glad she’s done it, because I prefer them to sweet potatoes – there I said it!
- Spicy Pina-Rita – Oh GOODNESS Gina. No alcohol is required to enjoy this insanely refreshing, delectable creation.
- Good Things Happen to Good Outfits – Lee has worked hard and earned an AMAZING opportunity for a new job with Anytime Fitness Corp. She celebrates with a tasty looking meal on the grill! Congrats, Lee!
- Featured Image – Savory Oatmeal and Soft-Cooked Egg by Martha Stewart
Clip In, Clip Out:
Having trouble viewing? http://youtu.be/aKz8NYLmYdw
Heidi of Banana BuzzBomb shares her “humbling experience” on her first ride with her new tri bike. She had a couple of incidents that thankfully didn’t result in too many visible injuries, but she took the positives from it and learned a lot from the less-than-perfect first ride. I admire that!