This post is part of a weekly series, Oatmeal Toppings, featuring a few of the best healthy living posts on OatmealinmyBowl.com.
Links for the Kitchen and for Growth:
- Favorite Kitchen Tools – Kitchen gadgets can be addictive…and expensive! Narrow down your purchases with the help of Miriam’s nifty list of the eight kitchen tools that make her life easier in the kitchen.
- Streak the Cove 5K – This race’s title is taken very literally. Meghann ran a 5K in the NUDE! I totally want to do this now.
- Melon Mojito Fish Tacos – Prepare to salivate over the photos of these amazing tacos from Cara. She uses honeydew as her melon and barramundi as her fish, but the recipe has plenty of wiggle room!
- My First Full Marathon – Tina’s recap of her first marathon is so inspiring and riveting to ready. Congrats to her!
- Roasted Whole Green Bean Fries – These are so easy to make and Jennifer served them up to her son with a side of ketchup – genius!
- Putting Your Best Foot Forward – Hope reflects on parenthood, shaping her children’s lives, her own diet, and more. I just really enjoy reading posts like that that are real and from the heart. Blogs are meant to be an outlet and pieces that are written by bloggers using the blog for that purpose are always my favorite.
- A Week Without the Gym – Meg is one of the most inspiring bloggers out there, in my opinion. She has conquered an ED and is now setting out to help others do the same. Check out how she felt about spending a week away from the gym while on vacation.
- Challenge Complete – Kayla took on a 22 day yoga challenge and ended up doing 21 yoga classes – WOW! She learned about not making excuses; what types of yoga styles, studios, and instructors are her favorites; and even calls herself now “obsessed” with yoga.
- Funfetti Cinnamon Rolls – Heather has my high school self’s taste buds singing with this recipe. I used to make Funfetti for fun with my friends on a monthly (OK maybe weekly) basis. These cinnamon rolls both whole wheat and spelt flour, as well as pumpkin puree, for a nutrient kick.
- Memorial Day Recipe Roundup – I can’t NOT mention the upcoming Memorial Day holiday in today’s link love, right? You still have time to pick out some of Molly’s recipes for your celebratory shindig.
Squat It Out:
Trouble viewing? http://youtu.be/zGV0CdY_sjs
No weights required, and this video takes place outside, so you can clearly take your squats ANYWHERE this weekend and enjoy the (hopefully) nice weather at the same time! Noelle, one-half of Fitness: A Way of Life (the other half is her man, Kern), demos five different ways to squat – giving you an all-over, effective leg workout.
(Image via cc Flickr by Vincenzo Giordano)