This post is part of a weekly series, Oatmeal Toppings, featuring a few of the best healthy living posts on OatmealinmyBowl.com.
News for the Future, Insights on the Past, Healthy Living for Today:
- Vegan Goat Cheese Tomatoes – I love goat cheese and was curious as to how a vegan version would be made! Even though I’m not vegan, I’m always up for trying new takes on my favorite foods. Laura uses tofu to create a healthy appetizer that involves another one of my favorite things – roasted tomatoes!
- It’s OK – Heather’s letter to herself, saying it’s OK when life gets in the way of the “normal routine”, completely spoke to me. So many of the thoughts that I sometimes beat myself up with when I skip a gym day are in that post and I’m sure many others can relate. She inspired me!
- One-Legged King Pigeon – Whitney is one of my favorite bloggers when it comes to useful info about yoga. I really like pigeon, and her post about those pose covers the benefits as well as variations that all levels can do.
- Peanut Butter Ginger Sauce – The queen of yum, and mother of the most adorable little girl ever, has come up with another recipe gem! Katie shares it along with drool-worthy photos and an “aww” inducing picture of her little lady.
- My Ugly Dieting Past – Sarah reveals her history with restrictive dieting and raises a thought-provoking question – have you fully moved on from that? Or are you just pretending?
- Spring Break Adventures in CT – I live in Connecticut so I’m probably biased here, but Erin wrote a great post about a visit to New Haven, CT and visiting a few restaurants there as a vegetarian, including the latest hip BURGER place, Shake Shack. She even inspired me to make plans to eat out in New Haven this weekend!
- Strength Does Not Come From Physical Capacity… – I could FEEL Charlotte’s passion and desire to incorporate strength training more in her life as I read this post. I love it when I can tell through someone’s writing that they are inspired and excited! She also included a nifty calendar for “Mad Abs March”, and though the month has already started, it’s not too late to incorporate daily core moves from this schedule into your routine.
- Green Falafel Chickpea Fritters – I am a sucker for all food Mediterannean. Shulie’s recipe completely blows the chickpea balls I buy frozen from the grocery store out of the water. And they’re vegetarian!
- There Is Something I’ve Been Dying to Tell You – I have never seen a cuter baby announcement. Congrats to Janae!
- My Bravest Post Yet – I have been reading Ali’s blog ever since I started reading healthy living blogs, and to see her finally share her story with disordered eating has certainly inspired me and gotten me thinking about my own past. She certainly is brave!
- Peanut Butter & Oat Carrot Cake Breakfast Pudding with Candied Oats – Featured Image/Recipe by Faith Gorske of An Edible Mosaic
Having trouble viewing? http://youtu.be/39_AG_tLLRU
Rebecca, one half of Does This Blog Make Us Look Fat?, first shows some funny demos of some treadmill “slackers” we have all probably seen at the gym – I know I have! Then she and a trainer give us some basic tips on how to improve treadmill workouts. They are more for beginners, but I’m sure there are plenty out there who would find the tips very useful!