This post is part of a weekly series, Oatmeal Toppings, featuring a few of the best healthy living posts on OatmealinmyBowl.com.
Your Questions (even ones you didn’t know you had) Answered:
- “Be Careful You Don’t Get Fat” – Lynn shares her thoughts on something casually said to her during a recent chocolate tasting tour she took. Anyone who is sick of feeling guilty or being made to feel guilty for indulging every now and then would benefit from reading this.
- Soul Medicine – Kris’s post really got me thinking – what is my soul medicine? It may get you thinking too. Do you have any? You may need to make room for some in your life!
- 6 Creative Uses for Mason Jars – I’m a sucker for DIY, and Christine did NOT even mention this post to me. I just saw it and loved it, and decided to give her some link love too! This is kinda using a link love post in a link love post, but the photos are so pretty and any Pinterest fans will love it.
- Cinnamon Rolls & Casserole – Mindy shares two completely different recipes that look equally delicious. Plus, a nifty idea for those who don’t have a rolling pin!
- Choking On Your Own Rage – Kevin is a fellow CT blogger from my hometown who loves fitness and training. He calls for those who are stuck in a “holier-than-thou” mindset regarding their workout regimens to keep an open mind and work on being open to healthy debate.
- Frittata with Kale & Purple Potatoes – I nearly squealed with excitement when I saw Alysa’s recipe and photos! A savory treat with unique ingredients.
- Our Souls are the Same – Callie has been getting a lot of questions about her thoughts on the Treyvon Martin case since she is a white woman married to a black man. Her discussion of their relationship and love for their son is so touching.
- Try Something New Tuesday – Angela shares her first rock climbing experience! Just goes to show you there’s always something new in the fitness world to try, even for those experienced in the workout world.
- Are Ice Baths Really Effective? – The whole running world seems to be training for their spring races right now, so Amanda’s question is very timely!
- Birthday Cake Batter Popcorn – If you ever wondered why Jenna was one of the first healthy living blogs I found – and one of the only one of those I’ve still stuck with to this day – now you’ll know why.
- Causation & Correlation – Maybe I’m biased because I minored in stats and really do love them. But Annette’s discussion of causation and correlation is SO important, and should really be required reading for anyone who takes health news literally.
- Featured Image: Baked Blueberry Steel Cut Oatmeal by Marla Meridith at Family Fresh Cooking
Jamie Eason LiveFit Review:
Having trouble viewing? http://youtu.be/Gpdw1YaWjzs
Monika of Fit Foodies, Healthy Life followed Jamie Eason’s LiveFit Trainer for the full 12 weeks, and offers up a vlog review in lieu of a written one. Find out whether or not it really works, straight from a reliable source that isn’t a commercial!