This post is part of a weekly series, Oatmeal Toppings, featuring a few of the best healthy living posts on OatmealinmyBowl.com.
Staying Positive and Eating Well:
- Look for the Good - It’s easy to be a Debbie Downer. I’m totally guilty! Colleen reminds us that there are plenty of good things in our life to celebrate too
- How I’m Going to Kick this Deployment’s Ass – Maria’s ability to stay positive about her husband’s first deployment is inspiring, and yet another reminder for us to appreciate the good in our lives.
- Please Hold the Cream Sauce! – Donloree’s post seemed to be coming from my own brain. I can completely relate to feelings of judgement or awkward comments from people when I am out to eat and order something on the “lighter side”. Can you?
- Food Network Junkie – I just found it hilarious that Scott had no idea he had the Food Network!
- Healthy Benefits of Social Media – This post from Jen is spot-on. The media gets caught up in negative debate about privacy, SOPA, and the like. But what about the love, encouragement, and old fashioned positive attitudes?
- Let’s Talk Toddler Sports – It’s important to show children the benefits of activity early on, and this discussion from Emily helps soon-to-be and current parents make decisions regarding toddler sports.
- Do I Cheat? – Katie’s got a lot to say about “cheating” on diets, not feeling guilty about it, cravings, and more. She’s a great resource!
- Why I Don’t Chew Gum – Charissa addresses her feelings on the always-debated pros and cons of gum chewing. Chime in!
- How to Prep for Headstand in Yoga – To me, headstand is the creme-de-la-creme of yoga accomplishments. Angela has a similar opinion! She’s almost there and gives her tips for how she got to where she is now.
- Cinnamon Toast Crunch Roasted Chickpeas – Gina the Genius – that’s all you’ll be thinking after you click this link!
- Secrets Behind My Dad’s Famous Sausage Gravy – The title is self-explanatory, the photos and tips are delicious. Thanks Meghann for sharing a family secret!
- The Importance of Waterproof Mascara – Some sombering news from Christie, who will need our support and love over the months ahead. We love you, Christie!
- Featured Image: Strawberry Oatmeal White Chocolate Chip Cookies by Eat Skinny Be Skinny
Lemon Lime Zest Tilapia:
Having trouble viewing? http://youtu.be/SvNvC_Q87s4
Alan of Sweating Until Happy has entered the realm of cooking videos! The Lemon Lime Zest Tilapia with kale chips and avocado salad looks to die for. Great job, Alan!
You can find me on Twitter and Facebook too!