In all reality, this blog is fairly new. And while my health journey has been going on for some time, my fitness journey is pretty new to reboot.
- I have been getting my weight loss on since October. It started with a group of friends conquering Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30.
- I have only been lifting weights for 7 weeks now.
At times I feel bad ass when:
- I proudly lost 13 lbs and am keeping it off.
- I find I need more weight to lift
- Say that I can proudly run 10-min straight on a treadmill (or run on a treadmill for that matter. Remember I used to be afraid to run on the treadmill?)
- Discovered I lost 1 1/2 inches in my waist from Body for Life.
But then the feeling is negated when I’m next to women:
- Who can kill it with the pull-ups & push-ups
- Can run a 7 minute mile
- or looks like their weight loss journey has produced better results than my own journey.
But I need to remember that this is my journey. That my high and lows on progress will be different than the person next to me. And that if I feel I am making those strides that are important to me, then I am reaching my own successes and goals. And that I can’t compare to the person next to me. Because sometimes those strides might take longer to reach. And that all these women next to me, at one time started at ground zero just like me.
But what matters the most, is that if I keep persevering in my goals… I will make it.
T-nation Body Weight Tabata
Yesterday, I found this cool ‘creative’ Body Weight Tabata (see #6 Tabata) to get my cardio on. This was 4 exercises combined.
They call it creative because instead of doing one exercise 4 minutes straight, this is the full round of exercises for 4 minutes and then repeated 8 times.
I am not sure why I recorded myself doing the tabata. Maybe so I can mark where I am at in my journey and be able to compare at a later date. Or to give support to those ladies that are just starting out in their own fitness journey. But I performed it in beginner modified because contrary to popular belief… I am a beginner.
PS – sorry my tabata timer was up to loud. You have to listen to the annoying buzz. But hey, I learned how to do commentary during exercises.
(thumbnail photo: credit)
Latest posts by Christine McCarthy (see all)
- 10 Inspirational, Beautiful and Funny TED Talk Videos to Definitely Watch - December 8, 2013
- Baked Blueberry-Coconut Oatmeal Recipe - December 7, 2013
- 5 Ways Not to Get Stressed Out This Holiday - December 3, 2013