What do you do when you have ripe bananas? Make banana bread!
Since the weather is getting warmer, the bananas are ripening faster. The other day they were almost ripe enough to eat. I come home in the same day – Bam! – they are already turning brown. And there is a whole bunch to be used real quick. Few thoughts come to mind – freeze the bananas for smoothies, eat lots of banana & peanut butter sandwiches in one sitting, or make the tried & true banana bread recipe.
Banana Bread is always a great method for using up ripe bananas (and work associates love it when you bring in extra loaves). This time I wanted to consider widening the horizon past the simple question, “walnuts or no walnuts?”. Here to help you expand your banana bread culinary palate are 10 Best Banana Bread recipes.
- Bananas Foster Banana Bread by Brown Eyed Baker. OMG! Bananas + Rum = sounds good to me. Great entry Michelle for the Banana Bread Challenge.
- Marbled-Chocolate Banana Bread by Cooking Light. I’ve never thought of mixing chocolate + banana in a bread (except in a bowl of oatmeal, for sure). But I love the marble texture. Not to mention this is a healthy version of banana bread, incorporating egg substitute and yogurt in the recipe. Chocolate + Healthy = Okay.
- Mug Banana Bread by Vittles and Bits. I love this idea of banana bread in a mug. Sounds like a quick, yummy breakfast delight to me.
- Banana Bread Snickerdoodles by Mind Over Batter. I Love Snickerdoodles and have never thought of adding bananas to it. But it makes perfect sense because bananas are delicious when combined with cinnamon.
- Grain-Free Banana Bread Protein Cake by Healthful Pursuit. Grain-free? I say brilliant because my friends with grain or gluten intolerances can still enjoy this wonderful bread.
- Coconut Banana Bread by The Hazel Bloom. I’m digging this recipe and am thinking this might be the winner for my ripened bananas. The shredded coconut looks absolutely delicious!
- Chocolate Banana Bread by Chocolate Chilli Mango. Love chocolate? This dark, rich loaf looks perfect to satisfy that craving. Yet, its not too sweet nature is perfect to eat for breakfast. Viviane, did it work out as french toast? Yum.
- Butternut Squash Banana Bread with Cranberries by Hungry Harps. What do you do when you receive a butternut squash in your produce box? You make banana bread. This unique combination of butternut squash, banana, and cranberries is guaranteed to rock your palate!
- Banana Honey Oat Chocolate Chip Muffins by Frugal Antics. Need a snack for some hungry eaters? Try these muffins out (I love freezing muffins – they defrost in 30-seconds in the microwave and don’t change the texture). I am biased to liking this recipe because of the oatmeal.
- Vegan & Gluten-free Chocolate Banana Bread by Whipped Baking. My Vegan friends, this recipe is for you. Kristina experimented until she came out with the perfect vegan mixture. She even gives you tips on what to do with the leftover batter. Brilliant.
Which banana bread recipe is most appealing to you?
Latest posts by Christine McCarthy (see all)
- 10 Inspirational, Beautiful and Funny TED Talk Videos to Definitely Watch - December 8, 2013
- Baked Blueberry-Coconut Oatmeal Recipe - December 7, 2013
- 5 Ways Not to Get Stressed Out This Holiday - December 3, 2013