I’ll have to keep practicing taking pictures with my new camera, but my progress is slowly making it’s way…
In other news, I just made a very delicious baked oatmeal. Made the kitchen smell delicious as it was baking in the oven. I have an over abundance of apples to use. Had all the other ingredients to whip this creation up. And the conclusion was delicious (of course)!
I really just considered making this a big oatmeal cookie. Or just digging my spoon in and eating a pie tin of oatmeal.
The concoction came together in minutes. Would be very easy peasy for the kids to make with mom. Threw it in the oven @ 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
I let it cool. Ate some. Put it in the fridge.
Woke up to this gorgeous sunrise this morning.
Cut a wedge of the baked cinnamon-apple oatmeal from the pie tin. Added a splash of milk and a sprinkle of white sugar. Enjoyed with a hot cup of coffee. Yummmmm….
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together the first 7 ingredients (up to the Nutmeg). Stir in the melted butter and pour the mixture into a pie tin or oven safe dish.
- Mix the vanilla with the milk. Pour the milk mixture over the top and baked in a preheated 350 degree oven for 25-30 minutes or until most of the milk is absorbed. Let cool.
- Sprinkle with a little white sugar and a dash of cinnamon. Or maybe a small drizzle of agave. Add a splash of milk and serve!
Question: Did you notice what looks like a person in the reflection of the spoon? SpOokY!
You Might Also Like: Coffee Love: Easy Mason Jar Milk Foam
Latest posts by Christine McCarthy (see all)
- 10 Inspirational, Beautiful and Funny TED Talk Videos to Definitely Watch - December 8, 2013
- Baked Blueberry-Coconut Oatmeal Recipe - December 7, 2013
- 5 Ways Not to Get Stressed Out This Holiday - December 3, 2013