Quick! Healthy! Time Crunched.
That is the story of my life right now! Between marathon training, working full-time, blogging (which I kudos love) and moving to the beat of a school schedule, I am so limited on time to cook! But I refuse to have take-out as my option to fulfill the need to eat. Especially, when I am influencing young minds.
So here are 5 Quick & Healthy Meals that are Ready in just 20 minutes and favorites in our household:
- Fresh Tomato, Sausage and Parmesan Pasta Recipe for 2 – The kiddos ate this up! Super quick. Healthy. Filling. Serve it with a side salad. And I LOVE the smell of fresh basil in this recipe. Especially coming straight from the garden.
- Fish Stick Tacos – Bake the fish sticks as directed. Warm up some corn tortillas on the stove top, add 2 fish sticks per taco, add diced tomatoes and preshredded green cabbage (to save time). The sauce is a mixture of low-fat sour cream or plain Greek yogurt mixed with 2% milk and a little shake or two of chili powder. Pour sparingly on tacos. Serve with limes and a side of ranchero beans.
- Pan Seared Salmon – Rub 2 Skinless Salmon Fillets with a little extra virgin olive oil. Sprinkle one side with garam marsala (found at Indian food grocers), your favorite spice or an herb (like dill). Pan sear in a medium hot pan for 5 minutes, gently flip and sear for another 5. At the same time, cook up your favorite greens (like sautéed kale) and serve with a side of fruit or another vegetable.
- Thai Curry Chicken or Tofu – over rice. Start rice in cooker as directed. I let the chicken defrost in the fridge before I go to work. Then when I get home, while its still slightly frozen, I cut into cubes. Brown and cook. Add frozen veggies. A bottle of Red Thai Curry sauce (Trader Joe’s carries a yummy one). Top with some a few fresh basil sprigs and eat up! If opting for tofu, use extra firm tofu and cut into cubes.
- Soup & Grilled Cheese Sandwiches – This is always a fun dinner. Because the mixes in my grilled cheese sandwiches is dependent on what’s in the fridge. So far the Gruyère, Prosciutto and Arugula Grilled Cheese Sandwich is my fave. Serve it up with a bowl of Amy’s split pea soup.
Question: Do you have a fave quick & healthy meal you fix during a busy schedule?
You Might Also Like: Easy Supermarket Dinners (Cooking Light)