I just learned the difference between Grilling & BBQing. Grilling is cooking food on direct heat and for about 15-20 minutes. So 90% of people that think they were BBQing, are actual ‘Grilling’ their food. BBQ is indirect heat at about 250 degrees and food that tends to cook 2 or more hours. So as I need to say, “I am grilling my chicken kabobs, and BBQing my baby back pork ribs”.
I love the 3-day weekends for having friends & family over. For cranking on the
BBQ Grill for some great eats. And its about the only time I love to menu plan and go grocery shopping. So I thought I’d share with you what this family will be eating today with link ups to some great recipes.
On the Menu:
- Ice Tea infused with a Peach Simple Syrup by Sing For Your Supper
- Strawberry-Lemonade by My Baking Addiction
- Macedonia Fruit Salad by Oatmeal in my Bowl
- Classic Potato Salad by BHG
- Grilled Corn by What’s Cooking America
- Tossed Green Salad
- Fresh Green Bean & Tomato Salad by Paula Deen
- Angie’s Perfect Dinner Rolls by All Recipes
- Barbecued Chicken on the Grill by Simply Recipes
- All Beef Hot Dogs
- Dessert: Rainbow Cupcakes
More ideas for Memorial Day weekend:
You all have a safe and wonderful weekend! And lets get those cocktails going!
(Image via cc flickr by Velo Steve)