Yay! It’s Wednesday. It means today is What I Ate Wednesday hosted by the awesome Jenn at Peas and Crayons. And… it also means we are half way through the work week. The weekend will be here in no time! Have any great weekend plans?
I just noticed Jenn wants to see if we will take the “Veg Pledge” challenge with her this April. I am happy to oblige. But… it will need to start tomorrow and be shown on the next WAIW. I typically eat lots of veggies. So this should be a breeze.
Some ways to add more veggies in your meals:
- toss them in your egg white scramble
- toss some in your smoothies
- drink a glass of Amazing Grass or Vega Whole Health Optimizer. In fact, you can add this stuff to your soups, smoothies, and food, too!
- Slice some veggies for a yummy snack & serve them with some hummus.
- Use Carrots or Zucchini in your muffins batter (Keeps your muffins moist and tasty).
I am liable to show you tacos every week for dinner. LOL.
ABS + Lots of Veggies = Winner!
Let it be known, there is only 8 weeks until bikini season!!!! And if you want see your abs by summer, You NEED to:
- eat a diet rich in veggies
- drink lots of water and cut out the soda & juices
- and lots of HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) in your workouts!
You can find out more here.
Which means as soon as I am done writing this post, I’m going to do some jump roping.
With regards to burning calories, jumping rope can be as effective as running.
Okay, you all. Get to working on those abs! *chop**chop* And will be seeing some extra serving of veggies in all your WIAW meals next week, right??
This week’s workout: Laura Bailey’s Muscle Building Program via BodyBuilding.com. And I am loving her style!